Mistakes to Avoid When Combatting Allergies
If you know you suffer from allergies, there are steps to alleviate symptoms. As a leading allergy doctor in Mount Laurel, NJ, we can help create a plan to fight your symptoms. From testing to medicine, it’s important to take proper precautions when combatting allergies.
The best allergist Mount Laurel, NJ offers will work with you to determine a game plan to fight your allergies. However, there may be some mistakes you’re unknowingly making that are adding to your symptoms.
- Ignoring Pollen Counts – Knowing the day’s pollen count allows you to plan your day accordingly. Pollen counts are highest in the morning. So make sure to plan your outdoor activities for later in the day.
- Leaving Windows Open – While most people love fresh air, keeping your windows open will allow pollen to enter the home.
- Improper Cleaning – Cleaning is a great way to reduce allergens. However, using scented cleaners may worsen symptoms. When using scented cleaning products, wear a mask. Use a damp cloth when dusting.
- Waiting to Take Your Medicine – Individuals will often wait until symptoms surface before taking their medication. However, allergy medicine is more effective at preventing symptoms than treating them.
- Allowing Pets on the Bed – We all love our four-legged friends. They are a part of the family. Even if you don’t have a pet allergy, keeping them off the bed is still a good idea. They may bring in common allergens, such as mold, pollen, and dust. Keep your bed an allergen-free spot by not allowing pets and ensuring your bedding is clean.
Related Reading about Allergist Mount Laurel, NJ