Springtime Allergy Treatments
Seasonal allergies are something that many Americans deal with yearly. The CDC reports that about twenty million adults and six million children suffer. The spring is when many see the return of their allergy symptoms. You do not have to suffer. Find treatment by visiting an allergist in Mount Laurel, NJ this spring.
Let’s go over the most common allergens during the springtime.
- Tree pollen from elm, hickory, maple, oak, western red cedar, walnut, ash, birch, poplar, sycamore, and cypress
- Grass pollen from timothy, red top, Bermuda, bluegrass, sweet vernal, and orchard
- Mold spores
There are many symptoms associated with springtime allergies. Common symptoms are:
- Itchy, watery eyes
- Coughing and wheezing
- Mouth or throat itchiness
- Sneezing and runny nose
- Nasal congestion
- Difficulty breathing and chest tightness
Thankfully there are many treatments on the market to help alleviate allergy symptoms. The following medications work best to treat allergies:
- Nasal Steroid Sprays – These sprays reduce the swelling and creation of mucus in nasal passages.
- Oral Antihistamines – Histamine is a chemical the body produces that triggers allergy symptoms. Oral Antihistamines suppress histamine.
- Nasal decongestants – These over-the-counter medications come in oral, spray, nasal drop, and liquid formulations. They work by causing blood vessels in the nose to shrink.
- Eye Drops – If you are dealing with eye symptoms, eye drops are the best medication.
Call us today if you’re eager to find relief for your allergy symptoms. As a leading allergist in Moorestown and Mount Laurel, NJ, we can help find the treatment that works best for you.
Related Reading about Allergist in Mount Laurel, NJ