Symptoms You May Not Realize Are a Sign of Allergies
We’re all familiar with the more common allergy symptoms, such as sneezing and red and watery eyes. However, there are other allergy symptoms that you may be ignoring. Do you always feel a bit sick without an explanation? If so, you may be suffering from allergies. If you think allergies are to plan for your chronic illness, visit the best allergy doctor Abington, PA offers.
Non-Typical Symptoms of Allergies
- Frequent Headaches – If you’re experiencing regular headaches without any explanation, it may be time to see an allergist in Abington, PA. Often, allergies cause mucus buildup in the sinus cavities leading to frequent headaches.
- Congestion – Feeling stuffy is often a sign of a cold. However, allergies may be the culprit if you do not have a cold and still battle congestion.
- Cracked Lips – As we mentioned above, allergies can often cause congestion. A congested person will often breathe through their mouth, leading to cracked lips.
- Fatigue – Undiagnosed allergies may lead to sleep apnea due to sleep disruptions. Allergies will often make breathing more difficult, making getting a good night’s sleep impossible.
- Itchy Throat or Tongue – Individuals who suffer from an itchy throat or tongue may have oral allergy syndrome. If you have oral allergy syndrome, you’ll experience an itchy throat or tongue after eating certain vegetables or fruits.
Studies suggest that allergies are the sixth cause of chronic illness in the US. You don’t have to suffer. Visit us for allergy testing in Abington, PA.
Related Reading about Allergy Doctor Abington, PA