Mistakes to Avoid When Combatting Allergies in South Jersey
If you know you suffer from allergies, there are steps to alleviate symptoms. As a leading allergist in South Jersey, we can help create a plan to fight your symptoms. From testing to medicine, it’s important to take proper precautions when combatting allergies.
The best allergy doctor in South Jersey works with you to determine a game plan to fight your allergies. However, there may be some mistakes you’re unknowingly making that are adding to your symptoms.
- Ignoring Pollen Counts – Knowing the day’s pollen count allows you to plan your day accordingly. Pollen counts are highest in the morning. So make sure to plan your outdoor activities for later in the day. Pollen is particularly bad in South Jersey during the summer months.
- Leaving Windows Open – While most people love fresh air, keeping your windows open will allow pollen to enter the home.
- Improper Cleaning – Cleaning is a great way to reduce allergens. However, using scented cleaners may worsen symptoms. When using scented cleaning products, wear a mask. Use a damp cloth when dusting.
- Waiting to Take Your Medicine – Individuals will often wait until symptoms surface before taking their medication. However, allergy medicine is more effective at preventing symptoms than treating them.
- Allowing Pets on the Bed – We all love our four-legged friends. They are a part of the family. Even if you don’t have a pet allergy, keeping them off the bed is still a good idea. They may bring in common allergens, such as mold, pollen, and dust. Keep your bed an allergen-free spot by not allowing pets and ensuring your bedding is clean.
For more information, you should not hesitate to contact the best allergist in South Jersey. We customize allergy treatment based on the individual needs of our patients. Let our doctors and staff help you and your family.
Related Reading about Allergies South Jersey