As mentioned in our previous blog, indoor allergies can cause real trouble for allergy sufferers. When suffering from outdoor allergies, people should have their home as a sanctuary to feel healthy and at ease. Can you imagine having nowhere to go to escape allergy symptoms?
There are steps that individuals should take to ensure that their homes are allergy-free zones.
The first step is to know what triggers your allergy symptoms. An allergy test with our Moorestown NJ allergist can give you a clear picture of your allergy triggers. Allergists conduct two separate tests to confirm results.
There are many common indoor allergens and not all trigger symptoms. Indoor allergens include:
- House plants
- Pet dander
- Dust mites
- House dust
- Mold Spores
What can you do to feel comfortable at home? First, you can start allergy immunology with an allergy doctor in Abbington PA. Allergy shots are the only way to cure your body of allergy symptoms. Pills and sprays work, but they are temporary fixes.
- A regular dusting and sweeping routine (at least once a week, if not more)
- Get hypoallergenic bedding products (sheets, pillows, pillowcases)
- Taking off your shoes when you get home
- Changing out of outdoor clothing without going into the bedroom
- Do not let dogs or cats into your bedroom (this is hard, but it is worth it)
- Change out filters on your HVAC units to hypoallergenic variants
- Keep windows closed as much as you can to reduce outside allergens coming into your home.
For more information give us a call. We offer allergist service on Willow Grove and Abington PA.
- Allergy Doctors In South Jersey Help With Winter Allergies
Come and visit our allergist in Willow Grove to find out how allergy shots can prepare your body to enjoy all seasons.
- Essential Facts To Know About Allergies
- Must-Have Hypoallergenic Items For The Home
- How To Survive Fall Allergies