New Patients - PA: 215-278-4154, NJ: 856-873-9026

What is an Immunologist and What do They Treat?

An immunologist is a physician that is highly trained in managing, diagnosing, and treating different immunologic disorders (asthma and allergies). These doctors see both children and adults. Many also handle primary immunodeficiency disorders. It is common to also refer to these doctors as allergists and asthma care specialists. Reach out today for the best immunologist and allergist in Bucks County.

Allergist Bucks County

To become an immunologist, a person needs nine-years of training after receiving a bachelor’s degree. At that time, the doctor becomes highly specialized and gets certified by either the ABIM or the ABP. They also go for two years of training in an immunology fellowship. Finally, they become certified by the American Board of Allergy and Immunology. An allergist in Bucks County is fully capable of handling more than just allergies.

After receiving all their training and certificates, an immunology/allergist can manage, treat, and diagnose these disorders:

  • Respiratory tracts disease (asthma, allergic rhinitis, hypersensitivity pneumonitis, and occupational lung disease)
  • Allergic eye diseases
  • Skin disease (eczema, urticaria, contact dermatitis, and angioedema
  • Adverse reactions to food, vaccines, and drugs
  • Gastrointestinal disorders
  • Immune-based disorder
  • Gene therapy (bone marrow, stem cell, and organ transplant)
  • Systemic disorders (macrocytosis, anaphylaxis, and mast cell activation)

Allergist Bucks County

If you are suffering and want answers, reach out for testing today. No problem is too big or small.

Related Reading
This entry was posted in Tips. Bookmark the permalink.

Comments are closed.